Canadian home sales pick up in April
According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity was up on a month-over-month basis in April 2014.
- National home sales rose 2.7% from March to April.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 0.3% below April 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes climbed 2.9% from March to April.
- The Canadian housing market remains in balanced territory.
- The national average sale price rose 7.6% on a year-over-year basis in April.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.0% year-over-year in April.
View the detailed CREA news release.
Source: The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA)
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.