According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity was up on a month-over-month basis in April 2014.
- National home sales rose 2.7% from March to April.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 0.3% below April 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes climbed 2.9% from March to April.
- The Canadian housing market remains in balanced territory.
- The national average sale price rose 7.6% on a year-over-year basis in April.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.0% year-over-year in April.
View the detailed CREA news release.
Source: The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA)