Canadian home sales up in May
According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity posted a sizeable month-over-month increase in May 2014.
- National home sales rose 5.9% from April to May.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 4.8% above May 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes climbed 3.8% from April to May.
- The Canadian housing market remains in balanced territory.
- The national average sale price rose 7.1% on a year-over-year basis in May.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.0% year-over-year in May.
Click for details.
Source: The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA)
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.