According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity posted a sizeable month-over-month increase in May 2014.
- National home sales rose 5.9% from April to May.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 4.8% above May 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes climbed 3.8% from April to May.
- The Canadian housing market remains in balanced territory.
- The national average sale price rose 7.1% on a year-over-year basis in May.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.0% year-over-year in May.
Source: The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA)